4.6 Implementing the telecommunications and IT systems plan
- Propose a plan reflecting the assessment for telecommunications and IT systems required for the emergency. Refer to sample chart(s) demonstrating telecommunications and IT systems in Annex 20.7 Telecommunication system expansion checklist, which shows example diagrams for computing/IT, and HF and VHF radio systems, in section 5.
- The Country Director or emergency team leader should approve the proposed telecommunications and IT plan.
- The Country Director or emergency team leader should confirm availability of funds to procure additional telecommunications and IT support requirements.
- Proposal and budget writers should be informed of telecommunications and IT support requirements so that costs can be included in budgets being developed for emergency projects.
- The Telecommunications and IT Support Manager should submit requests for purchase of equipment to the procurement department, with all technical details specified.
- The Country Director and Telecommunications and IT Support Manager should ensure telecommunications procurement requests are given the highest priority as a prerequisite for staff security.
- Assign telecommunications and IT hardware to staff in accordance with the plan, and provide training in use .
- Implement communications protocols and provide training in practice (see section 9).