6.1 Selecting an office building
The administration unit should select a suitable office building. The office and staff quarters should be in close proximity. The selected building should meet the criteria for reasonable cost, secure location, have basic utilities and be close to basic facilities. The following checklist can assist with office selection.
- Secure adequate office space to accommodate the emergency operation.
- Identify an office building that meets the criteria for location, security, condition and cost.
- Negotiate a lease with the landlord that covers repairs.
- Arrange for water and power supply, and telephone lines.
- Equip the building with necessary office, safety and security equipment
- Arrange maintenance contracts with service providers for ongoing maintenance.