3. Protocols, Guidelines and Tools
In the CET you will find:
- are mandatory
- establish the policy and process for managing an emergency response
- are brief statements with step-by-step instructions
- outline the roles of all the involved actors across CARE International (COs, Members, CEG).
- provide detailed practical detail on what to do and how to do it
- focus on Country Office or non-presence operations as the primary user (except for specific CARE International Member guidelines)
- guide COs as to how procedures should be amended for emergency situations
- are not mandatory but highly recommended to ensure standards are being met.
- are annexed to each chapter
- provide templates, formats, samples and other resources that can be used directly during a response
- provide copies of other technical handbooks and manuals.