5. When and where to get specialist help

A DRR (or Integrated Risk Management) advisor in CARE Netherlands is available to advise on all DRR issues, including providing advice during emergencies (refer to contact details at the start of this chapter).

Note that DRR involves technical interventions in a range of infrastructure, environmental and other areas, and it is critical to bring in the appropriate technical expertise. In particular, expert help is required in the technical design and construction of hazard-proof infrastructures (bridges, roads, buildings, irrigation structures, etc.), as well as in addressing problems related to pollution, receding groundwater and health issues.