6.6 Piling systems for ease of checking
The storekeeper must follow these rules:
- Always store on pallets or shelves. (When there are not enough pallets, the goods that are less vulnerable to humidity will stay temporarily on the floor. If available, the storekeeper should layer the floor with plastic sheeting.)
- Ensure stacks are standardised to facilitate the physical inventory.
- Use one pile per product, per packaging, per expiry date and per donor.
- On each layer, alternate the direction of boxes to prevent a stack from tipping over.
- Leave 70 cm of empty space between stacks and walls.
- Do not exceed a height of three metres for stacks. Do not store above one metre per square metre.