5. When and where to get specialist help

Basic rapid environmental assessments are designed to be undertaken by non-specialists. However, there may be specific cases where environmental issues are particularly sensitive or complex, and which require a specialist in environmental assessment. CARE is working directly with a range of partner organisations who can help identify consultants with this experience and skills. It is also important to ensure that appropriately qualified sector specialists are used in programmes such as water and sanitation, so that interventions are technically appropriate and meet standards, and avoid causing negative environmental implications.

Advice and expertise can be accessed by contacting the CARE NL Integrated Risk Management coordinator, who can also connect the CO with experts in partner organisations.