3.2 Recommended changes to regular procedures for procurement in emergencies
- Increase limits of approval and authorisation for purchases.
- Emergency thresholds and approvals should be set up in PeopleSoft through workflow approval. Contact Shared Service Center for further information.
- Increase check signatory limits.
- Suspend the requirement for multiple quotes
- Suspend sealed and public bidding procedures (if this is part of your normal process).
- Decentralise procurement to enable larger-scale procurement at the field level
- Relax check-run dates for emergency purchases to help with immediate payments.
Procurement procedures must always comply with individual donor guidelines. However, donor guidelines will normally allow such modifications in an emergency situation, subject in some cases to donor approval. Refer to section 4 below for more information.