Age, disability and gender disaggregated information are collected on priority needs, risks and preferences for assistance, across sectors, and over time.
- Ensure participation and buy-in from relevant sectors on needs assessment methodologies
- Assess the preferred modality of assistance for people affected by the crisis to cover their various needs and ensure participation of different gender groups (if possible, disaggregate preferred methods)
- IRC Safer Cash
- Ask crisis affected women, girls, men and boys how they typically access markets and services and which needs they usually cover through markets. OR update this information if a gender analysis has already been implemented during the preparedness phase.
- For E-Vouchers: Mercy Corps E-Transfer Implementation Guide
- Assess how crisis affected women, girls, men and boys typically access cash and their current familiarity with digital payments if the context allows it
- IFRC/ICRC CiE Toolkit
- Analyze the gendered protection risks (e.g. safety and negative coping mechanisms) for all genders and their sub-groups at outset and throughout the program.
- Capture needs of women, men, boys and girls in a Minimum Expenditure Basket (MEB) after ensuring that a MEB has not already been defined by one or more clusters at national level
- WFP, UNHCR