Targeting criteria are based on programme objectives, and CVA-specific considerations have been included
- Determine, on input from women and men, if CVA will be given to individuals, households or groups and who within the household should receive CVA, informed by the risk assessment . Establish a process for selecting/nominating the recipient following the gender analysis and protection assessments. Do not automatically assign the man “head of household”; instead, base the decision on the outcome of the gender and protection assessment, ensuring reduced risk of harm.
- Review your targeting and eligibility criteria against protection-related concerns, especially if your programme intends that children will directly receive (and collect) CVA. Also consider gender or inclusion sensitivity.
- UHNCR Guide for Protection in Cash-based Interventions
- Select and validate targeting criteria for different groups of men and women. Ensure validation of recipients is done in a public and transparent manner, including all gender groups.
For SRHR programming : Consider validate targeting criteria with specific sub-groups (e.g. women of reproductive age, adolescents).
- IFRC/IRCR Cash in Emergencies Toolkit
- Mercy Corps/ IRC/ WRC
- CARE_Beneficiary Scoring Tool-15_55_11.xlsx