6.1 Project core files
Core files for each project must be established for all projects to ensure appropriate documentation. These core files are different from working files used by project staff and should be retained in a central location. To set up and maintain core files:
- Set up both hardcopy and softcopy core files.
- Ensure the files include the:
- proposal (narrative and budget) as approved by the donor
- donor approval letter and signed contract, and general terms and conditions
- IPIA (note that the relevant PIFA should be retained on a separate file with all other PIFAs signed by the CO)
- project coding/Chart of accounts
- donor reports (narrative and financial) as submitted to the donor.
- Keep the core files separate from the working files used by the project staff.
- Make copies of the core documents for the project staff rather than have them access these core files directly on a regular basis.
- Include core project contract management information in the Project Funding/Donor Contract Management Information Matrix (refer to Annex 10.3 Project Pipeline/Contract Management Information Matrix).