8.1 Emergency response quick budget checklist
- What initial relief costs charged to the ERF should be allocated to budgets to reimburse ERF?
- Can assessment costs be built in?
- Is the correct level of CARE International Member ICR/ADRET included?
- Is the correct level of CO programme support and management costs built in?
- Has the correct exchange rate been used?
- Does the budget account for price rises that may result from the emergency?
- Are CARE’s proposed costs realistic and comparable with other agencies?
- Have sufficient funds been included for:
- all existing and incoming emergency personnel, salaries and support costs?
- assessment costs?
- safety and security equipment and personnel?
- telecommunications equipment, call charges and personnel?
- adequate support costs for transportation and warehousing, which may have increased?
- finance costs such as audit fees, money handler fees, etc.?
- monitoring and evaluation? (including AARs or evaluations)
Refer to the Chapter on Finance, section 7 budget preparation guidelines for more information.
Annex 8.12 Donor Budget Formats
Annex 8.13 Generic Budget Formats
Annex 8.14 Sample Budgets