7.1 Considerations regarding geographical focus
The humanitarian imperative comes first: where is the greatest need?
- What areas have been reported as the worst affected or to have the greatest need?
- What areas are normally the most vulnerable?
CARE’s capacity: where can CARE have the greatest impact?
- Where does CARE already have capacity, including pre-established presence, partners, infrastructure and capacity at a global level.
- Where can CARE feasibly launch new operations?
- Where is there an obligation to the community for CARE to assist?
Coordination: where is there a lack of assistance?
- Where are other agencies assessing or responding?
- What areas are being neglected?