4.3.1 Strategy development key questions
- What period of time will the strategy cover?
- What is CARE’s potential role and ‘value added’ within the overall response?
- What are the short-term and long-term goals of the CARE response actions?
- How will these goals be achieved?
- What resources are required (funding, human resources) to accomplish these goals?
- Does CARE have a presence in the affected geographical area? If yes, what type of programming is currently being implemented?
- How will CARE switch from the current programming to the emergency response activities?
- What type of actions would it require?
- Is CARE going to carry out the activities directly or with partners? Who are the partners?
- If CARE does not currently have presence in the area, what actions would be required to start the response operations?
- What potential harm can be done through these activities?
- How will compliance with CARE’s Humanitarian Accountability Framework (including meeting internationally recognised minimum standards) be ensured?
- How will CARE communicate the strategy to the target population?
- How is CARE planning to phase out from the response actions at the end of the emergency?
If CARE’s objective is to provide long-term assistance to the affected population, what type of programmes will CARE implement upon completing the immediate relief operation?