1.2 Role of the Country Director/Team Leader
The primary responsibility for funds mobilisation is with the Country Director or Team Leader. This includes:
- monitoring fundraising targets and strategy
- activating CARE Member fundraising mechanisms
- managing donor relations and representation
- conducting media interviews to raise CARE’s media profile
- ensuring appropriate levels of staff resources in the CO are dedicated to key fundraising capacities, including information management, media coordination, programme design, proposal writing and budget preparation. Note that the Country Director must delegate these tasks to ensure they are achieved, but not become embroiled in operational activities that will limit the ability to provide strategic leadership.