3.2.3 Income and employment
- Unconditional cash transfers are the default response in many food insecure environments.
- Cash-for-work (CFW) provides food-insecure households with opportunities for paid work.
- Food-for-work (FFW) provides food-insecure households with opportunities for paid work which, at the same time, produce outputs of benefit to themselves and the community.
- Food-for-recovery (FFR) is a less structured form of food for work. Activities can contribute to initial recovery and should not require outside technical supervision.
- Income-generating schemes allow people to diversify their sources of income in small-scale, self-employment business schemes. These include support of people in the management, supervision and implementation of businesses.