3.2 CARE’s mission statement
CARE International’s mission is to serve individuals and families in the poorest communities in the world. Drawing strength from our global diversity, resources and experience, we promote innovative solutions and are advocates for global responsibility. We facilitate lasting change by:
- strengthening capacity for self-help
- providing economic opportunity
- delivering relief in emergencies
- influencing policy decisions at all levels
- addressing discrimination in all its forms.
Guided by the aspirations of local communities, we pursue our mission with both excellence and compassion, because the people whom we serve deserve nothing less.