3.3 Organisational obligations
Organisational objectives must abide by:
- the humanitarian imperative (Chapter 2 Humanitarian policy framework)
- the safety and security of staff (Chapter 14 Safety and security)
- ‘Do no harm’ (Chapter 29 Conflict sensitivity).
Consideration of the above will involve asking the following questions:
- How will a certain level of cooperation with a military force enhance CARE’s ability to reach people in need of assistance?
- Will it enhance or compromise staff security?
- Are there potential negative consequences arising from the proposed involvement?
- Will that level of cooperation allow CARE to work in a manner consistent with its operating principles?