2.1 Simple protection analysis
Define the problem (protection threats)
- What are the threats? (for example, violence, coercion, deprivation)
- Who is at risk?
- Locating responsibility
- Who is responsible for the threats?
- Who can take action to reduce the threats?
- Who has the mandate to stop the threats?
- Identifying barriers to protection
- Do those responsible for taking action have the capacity?
- Are those with responsibility willing to intervene?
- How do those affected reduce their vulnerability to the threats identified?
- Identifying outcomes
- What can CARE do to reduce the level of threats faced by people?
- What can CARE do to reduce the vulnerability of people to those threats?
Source: Adapted from Oxfam