6.14 Safety standards
- Make sure that mechanical equipment is maintained, and used only by authorized personnel.
- Make sure that safety instructions are strictly followed (tools, handling, lifting).
- Make sure that there are first aid kits, that they are maintained, and that someone knows how to use them.
- Keep an accident log together with the Safety and Security Officer.
- Check periodically that all openings (doors, windows, etc.) are working properly.
- Assign responsibilities and set out the steps that each staff member should take in case of fire.
- Make sure that fire-fighting equipment is immediately accessible inside and outside buildings.
- Prohibit smoking by anyone (including visitors and drivers).
- Never store, even temporarily, flammable materials in the main storage area.