4.3 Data analysis
Monitoring data is only useful if it is analysed and used to improve programme quality and quickly address any problems that emerge. The Monitoring and Evaluation Coordinator must ensure that all monitoring data collected is analysed and presented in a timely and user-friendly way. In doing so, the quality of information should also be considered.
- Accuracy and validity: Does the information show the true situation?
- Relevance: Is the information relevant to user interests?
- Timeliness: Is the information available in time to make necessary decisions?
- Credibility: Is the information believable?
- Attribution: Are results due to the project or to something else?
- Significance: Is the information important?
Representativeness: Does the information represent only the target group, or also the wider population