11. Documentation and handover
If the proposal is approved, arrangements must be made to contract and implement the project. Detailed guidelines on this stage are available at Chapter 10 Donor contract management.
It is important that there is a clear handover between the Proposal Writer and the programme implementation team. These will often be different team members, and the Proposal Writer may only be in the country for a short time. The proposal writer must ensure that:
- the implementation team has the final donor approved version of the proposal
- the implementation team clearly understands the detail of the proposal and the deliverables required
- any background or context behind the proposals is explained
- the costings and working papers used to determine the budget are handed over, and the implementation team understands the available budget.