4.7 Talking points, key messages and Q&As
Our key messages should emphasize the following:
- Women and girls are disproportionately affected by disasters; state how women and girls have been affected by this particular crisis.
- CARE focuses on women and girls; state how CARE’s response is helping women and girls.
- CARE is a leading humanitarian agency with more than 70 years of experience in responding to emergencies.
- Advocacy messages related to the disaster (coordinate with advocacy/program staff to develop these).
- Donate to CARE. Urge people to donate at website of CARE member in country where media outlet is based.
The generic key messages and talking points document serves as a starting point and will give concrete advice around messaging in certain humanitarian settings. (Annex 13.20)