3. General contract compliance requirements
- Ensure all managers are aware of contract compliance obligations.
- Be aware of any exceptions/exemptions under donor emergency guidelines.
There are donor contract compliance obligations during emergencies as at any other time. However, there may be exceptions/exemptions under donor emergency guidelines that the CO should be are aware of. Key donor contract compliance areas that need to be considered include:
- eligible expenditure-what costs may or may not be charged to a particular project according to donor regulations
- period of project expenditure-the start and end dates of when expenditure may be charged to a project
- procurement regulations
- flexibility/approval for changes to the project design including project budget
- cash flow/payment schedule
- monitoring and reporting
- record keeping.
General guidance (i.e. non-emergency specific) on contract compliance is available at Annex 10.2 Chapter Five-Contract compliance, ‘The Basics of Project Implementation-A Guide for Project Managers’ (November 2007).