2. Critical steps for donor contract management
- Ensure all key staff and the CARE International Member are aware of compliance obligations.
- Ensure the correct donor formats and guidelines are used.
- Review contractual issues at the proposal development stage to ensure that the CO can comply with the terms and conditions.
- Create and maintain a tracking mechanism for all concept papers and submitted proposals.
- Before signing the donor contract, ensure that the CARE International Member and the CO have reviewed the donor contract, and made an informed decision to accept the terms and conditions.
- During project inception, ensure that the project implementation team receives all necessary background briefing and documentation.
- Seek, track and document the required approvals for any changes to the contract.
- Maintain a clear document trail throughout the project cycle.
- Check the legal status of CARE’s operations in the country and any impact on contracts.