News And Updates
Launch of CARE Emergency Pocketbook!
and other updated emergency response tools
I am pleased to share new and updated resources available to help you manage emergency responses.
Last year we launched the CARE Emergency Toolkit (CET) to provide a one-stop-shop for emergency preparedness and response guidelines and tools. This year we have updated, translated and synthesized the Toolkit and can now share with you:
- The CARE Emergency Pocketbook: a small hard copy summary of CARE's key emergency policies and tools to help you in an emergency (English version available now, French and Spanish available in November). PDF attached.
- French and Spanish versions of the CARE Emergency Toolkit website:
- New and improved protocols and tools: based on your feedback we've simplified the protocols and tools. New versions of the following are on the CET website - start using them now:
- Basic guide to emergency response
- Key protocols (roles and responsibilities, emergency type, alerts, capacity assessment and decision making)
- Emergency alert format and emergency sitrep format
- CI Emergency Response Fund Guidelines
- Emergency strategy format and operational plan format
- New rapid gender analysis tool
- New distribution chapter
- Updated quality and accountability, information management, media chapters
- And loads more!
- Updated CET User guides: a 4 page brochure explaining how to use the CET and login details. PDF attached.
- New CDs: New CET CDs allow you to use the CET offline. The CD includes the Pocketbook, English, French and Spanish sites, and a search function (for distribution in November).
What you should do next:
- Look for your pocketbooks and CET user guides in the mail or delivered by your friendly CI/CEG representative. Every CO and CARE member will receive an allocation. Orders for additional copies can be placed by contacting email@example.com
- Make sure you and your staff know about these resources and how to use them- especially the new websites for French and Spanish speaking staff.
- Start using the new tools in your preparedness and response work.
We hope you find these resources useful and we welcome any feedback.
Note re Arabic- see www.careemergencytoolkit.org/arabic/ for CET chapter translations. Pocketbook not yet translated- pending budget availability.
Back to top